1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

30 Years War With Legs.

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Jimbo, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Jimbo A Fixture

England
    I couldn't turn away from this one!
    Adalid models 1/9 busts-half figures of a Drummer boy & Musketeer of the 30 years war, to be converted to full figures and to be placed together on one base, a very long way to go with this one and I'm not sure if they look a little too short but that may just be the angle of the camera they seem to look okay in the flesh and I suppose they were under nourished in those days;)
    Your comments very much appreciated

Cheers
    Jim

Attached Files:

2. Helm A Fixture

England
    They do look a bit odd but not sure if it's just because there's no flesh on the bones so to speak. I think once thats on you'll have a better sense of them and if they look ok in real life it's probably just optical illusion. I do like the way you are going though nice one.
    Steve
  3. Jimbo A Fixture

England
    Thanks Steve,
    Yeah they do look odd at the moment, but a long way to go with them as yet and as you say, once I get some meat on them they may start to look more human, the musketeer stands at a good 200mm, so I think that's about right in 1/9 scale for an average mans height of the period...Bit of guess work going on here;) !
    Cheers
    Jim
  4. Nap Moderator

England
    Jimbo ,

Is nothing sacred ...legs on everything................ not going to let you loose in a clthes shop amongst the half display manekins;)

Nice start mate , I see you have already posted to all on PF so disregard my e mail!!! ...legs need beefing up though ...bit skinny !!!!!

This will I am sure come together even more with more work so young man keep posting and sculpting .

Nap
  5. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    A great start Jim but just remember no tights and high heels on these ones;)
    Following.

Cheers Ken
  6. Jimbo A Fixture

England
    Here's a few pics of the two with some "flesh" added to the legs, which still need some more building up before clothes are added.
    As you can see Ken ..no tights or high heels ....so far!;)
    Sorry Kev...No half figure is safe!(y)
    Cheers
    Jim

Attached Files:

7. brian A Fixture

Scotland
    There starting to look really good ,look forward to seeing them progress.
    Brian
  8. Jimbo A Fixture

England
    Thanks Brian, glad you think so.
    Cheers
    Jim
  9. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    Very good
    I'm waiting for the completion of the work
  10. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Will look forward to see how these turn out Jim.

Cheers David
  11. Mark S Guest

Nice idea, and looking excellent.I'm sure this will be a great piece.
  12. Jimbo A Fixture

England
    Thanks guys for your kind comments, very much appreciated
    Cheers
    Jim
  13. Jimbo A Fixture

England
    Progress so far: The Musketeer is almost complete, well as far as sculpting is concerned that is! the drummer boy has just basic legs so shoes & socks are to be added plus more detail to be added to his coat tails such as pockets & trimmings etc
    Cheers
    Jim

Attached Files:

14. Helm A Fixture

England
    Really look the bis now very nice work here.

Steve
  15. GregMcEvoy Member

Canada
    Cool idea Jim, looks like it's coming along nicely. You've managed to make it look natural despite the fact that half was done by another sculptor, not easy.

Cheers
    Greg
  16. chippy Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    If I can make Thursdays club meeting I'll bring along my Alatriste DVD , you'll find some good refereace in it no need to thank me all you have to do is finish my Pale Rider converstion :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:;).
    chippy
  17. Jimbo A Fixture

England
    Thanks Greg & Steve, glad you like what I've done with them so far,
    Chippy, that'll be handy, I've seen the film before but I could do with another look at it, no worrys with your Pale Rider conversion just bring it along & I'll get it sorted for you, can't do it on Thursday night though but I'll get it done for Bugle Call on Sunday for you, if your going to be there of course.
    Cheers
    Jim
  18. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Excellent progress Jim . Following. (y)

Cheers Ken
  19. Jimbo A Fixture

England
    Cheers Ken, glad you like em,
    Cheers
    jim
  20. HELLO, VERY NICE, I WANT TO SEE IT PAINTED.Kind regards