1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

28th at Quatre Bras Help Please

Discussion in '"Today in History", Literature & Media Review' started by zane666, Jun 18, 2016.

1. zane666 Well-Known Member

New_Zealand
    I'm currently building a diorama loosely based on Lady Butlers painting and are having no luck trying to find any reference material on the mounted officer at the back(I don't even know his rank), I have 3 pics from the internet, but not detailed enough and was hoping someone out there could point me in the right directions or have something in their library.

thanks in advance Zane

Attached Files:

2. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi there ,

I would say it's the Colonel or at least a Major , field officer rank .

Nap
    zane666 and Steve like this.
  3. martin tabony Well-Known Member

United-States
    The field officers uniform was the same as a dismounted officer except that he wore white buckskin breaches with black hessian boots. The brown leather saddle had a square cornered shabraque in the colour of the regiments facings, with a gold lace edging. The officers badge of rank was carried in the lower corner. In front of the saddle was a pair of pistol holsters, topped with bearskin covers.

Attached Files:

zane666 likes this.