1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique 200mm Marine Afghanistan Update

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Gellso, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Here's where I'm at with this figure I got from Gordon at Mitches Military Models.

The parts are just blue tacked on to give a rough idea of his shape.

The mtp camo has been shaded and I have used dark green and dark brown around the pockets and seams. I will pinwash oil paint towards the end of the painting to really give these areas some depth.
    Doing the MTP really does rquire lots of work and is very time consuming but he's coming together slow but sure.

The weapons' desert coloured parts still need weathered and there is still lots of detail work to be done.
    The weapon once assembled os an amazing piece of work and looks quite imposing on the figure.

The gloves will be the old desert dpm as will the radio pouch. The scrim on the helmet will be desert yellow.

See what you think.

Attached Files:

• m2.jpg
      m2.jpg
      File size:
      51.9 KB
      Views:
    • m3.jpg
      m3.jpg
      File size:
      50.8 KB
      Views:
    • m4.jpg
      m4.jpg
      File size:
      60.1 KB
      Views:
    • m5.jpg
      m5.jpg
      File size:
      50.2 KB
      Views:
    Captain Lol, jimmyoc, Fex and 9 others like this.
  2. Martin64 A Fixture

Germany
    You have done this excellent figure justice so far. (y)
  3. sd0324 PlanetFigure Supporter

I like the way you are doing the Multicam pattern. Interesting technique.
  4. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Looks superb Grant.
    Carl.(y)
  5. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Amazing work on the Milticam Grant . Following.(y)

Cheers Ken
  6. Don Well-Known Member

Super Grant just super. Your work on the MTP is the best I have seen, pehaps a post just on your colouring methods?
    Looks like it will be a great paintjob and your painting fits nicely with the quality of the sculpt by Moz

Don
  7. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Don,
    Thanks for the kind comments.

I think you might find this helpful...
    http://www.planetfigure.com/threads/multicam-200mm-marine-afghanistan.53550/
    Cheers,
    Grant
  8. Don Well-Known Member

9. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    You're welcome mate,
    Give me a shout if you get stuck and if I can help you..I will.
    Gells.
  10. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Awesome painting Grant. best Multicam I've seen so far. Keep up the good work mate.
  11. Alex M. Active Member

Canada
    This looks really, really good! I love the technique, and now i'm trying to figure out how to translate it down to 1/35....
  12. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Alex,
    I'd use the same base colour, the dark green, just use the light shade of brown as you wont see the gradients in 1/35th. Leave some patches where it's predominantly green and some predominantly brown. Then just figure out where to put the very light and dark splashes to unify the overall tone. If I had a 1/35th figure I would try it myself..I'll have a look to see if I can pick one up.
    Gells.
  13. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Cheers Tony
  14. Helm A Fixture

England
    Missed this one somehow, Fantastic job Grant the camo looks perfect to me and so many nice detail touches mate (y)

Steve
  15. Alex M. Active Member

Canada
    My references aren't too up to date on the MTP uniforms, are they still wearing the Osprey? I have the Black Dog WMIK crew, I was doing to do the older desert pattern on them, but I'm keen to give this a whirl..I just don't know if their kit is appropriate