1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

2. Bayer. Schweres-Reiter-Regt

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by billyturnip, Nov 24, 2006.

1. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Here is the first photo of the rider for the horse in my previous thread.
    It's very early in the process at the moment. I will continue posting as work goes on until he is ready to join his horse :)

Attached Files:

2. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Second pic

Attached Files:

3. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    I'm going to take the liberty of replying to my own post.

a) I've looked at the face on this figure and it looks awful, I've gone back and hopefully corrected some of it's shortcomings. Panda eyes etc.

b) I'm not going to take such close up photo's anymore :lol:

Roger.
  4. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    Hi Roger

I "love" close up photos. When I think I am ready with painting the figure and I made some close up photos for pf or another forum and then I have a look at this photos it is always the same :angry: :angry: :angry:

And I had many to correct. So I know what you feel

Ulrich
  5. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Hi Ulrich,
    I've stopped painting for the time being I'm going to sit down with a book and a wheat beer and try again tomorrow :)

Roger.
  6. Bruno New Member

Hi Roger,

for me as a Bavarian it is great to see that a Englishman made a bavarian Cavalry man.
    The "Schwere Reiter" "Heavy Riders" were the Currasirs of the Bavarian Army and regarded as the elite of the bavarian Cavalry. In Munich there is still a "Schwere Reiter Strasse", the street were the baracs of this cavary was.

By the way, my Granfather was in the bavarian Cavalrie as "Chevauleger Reg. Nb 1". He was in on, perhapes the las attace with Lances in military histrory, it was against french Cavalry in Alsace in 1914.

I'm very pleased with your worke! Happy painting.

Bruno
  7. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Bruno, thank you for the reply. I found it very interesting and hopefully you will continue to be pleased and like the finished work :) .
    I also found it very interesting about your Grandfather. Do you have any photo's of him from the Great War?

Thanks,
    Roger.
  8. Normo Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Roger
    The beer sounds like a good idea! Dont worry about the figure we all go thru phases where we look and think NO!
    You can always go back strip it down and start again Its a learning curve!
    Have a few more beers and you will come back firing on all cylinders
    Good luck

Cheers
    John
  9. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Hi John,
    Top advice, have you thought of doing it for a living? or do you? :lol:
    Just need a break I've been peering at the 'lil fella too long.
    Thanks mate,

Roger.
  10. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Progress so far, I think it's looking better any tips more than welcome.

Roger.

Attached Files:

11. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Very nice so far!
    best regards
    christos
  12. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thank you Christos, I was worried at one point but I don't think it looks too bad now.

Roger
  13. Kyle Member

United-States
    Roger,

That's quite a difference--a much better result. Did you send this little fellow to the one-day oven-cleaner spa, or simply paint over the first result with touch-ups?

The close ups can be scary. I also always test the details of my faces (particularly) using my macro feature prior to completing a project. It's amazing what you can see under the unforgiving glare of digital photography!

Have a wheat beer for me! You've earned it.

Cheers,

Kyle ;)
  14. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Hi Kyle,
    I didn't resort to the oven cleaner bath although I was close. Touch ups seem to have done the trick.
    Yes, that macro feature does bring out the ugly truth :lol:
    After todays painting session I awarded myself with another wheat it seems to be doing the trick.
    I'll post some more pics tomorrow.

Roger.