1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

1854 Scots Greys conversion

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Inaki, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Inaki Active Member

Spain
    Dear Friends,

I'm converting the great 5th Dragoon Guards from Mitches, Moz scultp, into a Scots Greys.
    Main question is, apart of the obvious bearskin, which other changes I should model.or modify.
    According to Mollo's "Into the Valley of Death", I can notice the Eagle badge on the cartridge pouch but, for instance, the sabretache is not represented.
    Were sabretaches carried during action? Perhaps I can skip it.
    Could you help me to amend any other needed item?
    Some pics attached.
    Thank you in advance and best regards,

Iñaki

Attached Files:

Tommi and winfield like this.
  2. mick3272 A Fixture

Hi Inaki.

This Help ?

[IMG]
    The back view of the corporal shows the short coat tails, and the equipment carried on the march and on campaign. His white pouch-belt holds the black ammunition pouch with Eagle badge. An extension to the belt supports the carbine on a spring clip. The belt is worn over the canvas haversack strap but under the water-bottle strap. His rank chevrons are in gold lace but the loops on the collar and cuff are yellow. The back of his bearskin shows the White Horse of Hanover badge.
    The officer on the right has removed his epaulettes but retained the gold-laced collar and cuffs. He still has the gold and crimson waist-sash but his belts are white leather. The undress sabretache is plain black leather with an Eagle badge, which he also has on the black leather ammunition pouch on his back. He has the canvas haversack for food but no water-bottle. Both men have removed the white plume from the bearskin cap. The trousers are leathered round the ankles and on the inside leg. Illustration by Brian Fosten.

Mick
    Inaki likes this.
  3. Inaki Active Member

Spain
    Thanks a lot, Mick!
    It means, among others, that the coat tails are shorter than the Dragoon?
    Hope not...
    Cheers,

Iñaki