1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Critique 17th Regiment of Foot - Crimea 1854 - Derek Hansen Ft. Duquesne

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Major_Goose, Aug 6, 2010.

1. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Hi guys this is a piece that was primed a long time , but for some reason something else was taking its priority !

Private , Flank Co. 17th (Leicestershire) Rgt of Foot - Crimea 1854
    Sculpted by Derek Hansen for Fort Duquesne

[IMG]

All painted with Turner and Josonja's acrylics

I hope you like it !

Costas

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Attached Files:

• kh2.jpg
      kh2.jpg
      File size:
      69 KB
      Views:
    kaz6120, Sirrius, Mike S. and 4 others like this.
  2. Kevin D. Well-Known Member

United-States
    Costas!

GREAT background/base and the figure is awesome! Great job on the reds in particular!

The rifle...painted so real it should actually fire!

Very nice!

kevin d.
  3. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Thanks a lot mate. This is a very nice figure i always liked !!!
    pitty is not available anymore

Costas
  4. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Costas,

I really like the muddy dirty lower legs of the trousers. I do however think the white colours on the uniform are far too white and clean. If he's dirty enough to have mud on his trousers, the rest of his uniform will be a little dirty too. Perhaps a wash of Burnt Sienna and Black over the white will tone it down a bit and make it blend better with the more weathered elements of the figure.
  5. stu A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Nic one costas, love the base. I still have the original version that derek released himself, it really is a nice figure.

stuart
  6. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Tony thanks for posting mate . You are right about dirtying and there is a sienna wash on the whites but shooting has overlighted them...

I dint wanted to mud more to the upper as our rivet counting friends in competitions always say that dirtying is hiding but painting !!!! LOL

Best Regards

Costas
  7. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Lovely painting and also setting of the figure mate, i agree it is a very nice looking figure and being the 17th foot (Leicestershire) he is my local regiment.
    Nice handling of the reds with this one and the wood on the musket is a very nice tone.

Take care mate,

Steve(y)
  8. templar magister Active Member

Greece
    Costas oldy but goody!!!!I like very much the scenery and as the other friends wrote nice reds anf the mud effect are superb.
    Christos(y)
  9. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    I really like this one Costas(y)well done!
  10. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Very nice Costas, the groundwork really set him off.
    Carl.
  11. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Stuart i am glad you like it

Costas
  12. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    very colorfull.
    Base is great.

Marc
  13. kaz6120 A Fixture

Japan
    I like the total look of the painting you've done on this figure, and this one has a great sculpt too. Personally I'm interested in crimea era recently so this one caught my eyes.

I'm really interested in the painting you've done with Turner and Josonja's acrylics. Are these Gouache? (If so, I wanna know the reason why you use these, Tips on using these, and so on)
  14. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Steve i am glad that this specific Regiment has something to do with you mate ! Thats a great figure and i enjoeyed painting a lot !

Best Regards

Costas
  15. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Christos i am glad you liked it 1

Costas
  16. custer760 Well-Known Member

Hi Costas,
    great work my friend , really like what you did with this figure.Are you bringing him to Euro-Militaire ???
    If anybody has this kit for sale or exchange then please let me know, because I would love to have one.
    Pete
    Peter.Shaw@hac.eu