1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

120mm WWI Vickers MG Team - Mitches Military Models

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by MMM, Oct 23, 2014.

1. MMM A Fixture

2. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Awesome figures.

Marc
    offo and MMM like this.
  3. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    There are pics of the South Staffs Rgt training in Aldershot in 1938 with this type of uniform and immaculate kit - would make a nice vignette, could be tempted.....!

Really nice figures, a great addition to the range,

Steve
    offo and MMM like this.
  4. Ray Welshman Active Member

Im thinking I may have to pick this up

Cheers

Ray
    MMM likes this.
  5. Adrian Cowdry Well-Known Member

Very Cool set.
    MMM likes this.
  6. Funky50 Guest

Loverly looking set of gunners..and the price is a give away....Just ordered mine....Kevin
    MMM likes this.
  7. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Just received my kit - must have come via transatlantic rocket express service or something!! Really excellent, FIRST CLASS sculpting and casting.

My only complaint [with a small c, not a capital!] is that at 1/16th scale [or maybe 1/15th? - I don't know what the Pavel Ovecka was using.] each figure must be based on a 6 feet, 4 inches (193 cm) 1:1. They are BIG! If you examine the heights of European and US males ca. 1914-1918, there weren't many that tall. Average heights were about 5 feet, 8 inches (172 cm) with the US being a little taller on average. I realize I am grossly over-generalizing. When looking at the "scale" of any casting, I look closely at the head, hands and feet. I compared the two heads to any of the heads in my stache of 1/16th scale Verlinden, Model Cellar, TLB and other heads and they are much larger. Same is true for the hands and for the boots.

Beautiful kit nonetheless and well worth the money!

All the best,
    Dan
    MMM likes this.