1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

120mm Australian Light Horse, Palestine 1917. Completed

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Fransab, Dec 20, 2014.

1. Fransab Active Member

Spain
    Hi friends!

At last, finished. I hope it likes, all painted with Vallejo acrylics. All comments are welcome.

Thank you very much for looking.
    Best regards. Merry Xmas and Happy New Year from Spain.

Francisco

PS. How about the pictures?, better. I hope so

CIMG6611.JPG CIMG6612.JPG CIMG6613.JPG CIMG6615.JPG CIMG6616.JPG CIMG6617.JPG CIMG6618.JPG CIMG6619.JPG
    balder, Firestorm, Grod and 5 others like this.
  2. Zastrow.cuirassier PlanetFigure Supporter

France
    The first photo were good also, your figure is really nice, great painting !
  3. Fransab Active Member

Spain
    Thank you very much for your kind words
  4. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hi Francisco

He's come up well for you. Uniform colours especially seem to work & give a feel for this "digger".

Couple of recommendations:
    - avoid spotlight directly on figure as it tends wash put colour & creates shadow
    - run some of your flesh tone over the fingernails, they look a bit pinky & bright.

Trust this helps mate, it's a neat figure I'm sure you're proud of.
    Such a shame many of Phil's figures aren't really available now days.

Thanks for sharing,

Mike
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  5. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Very nicely done!

All the best,
    Dan
  6. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Great work, love the wood grain in the stock of the .303. The colours look good for the Aussie uniform
    Ben
  7. Fransab Active Member

Spain
    Thank very much for your words friends, and Mike, thank you very much for your advices, I´m a follower of your excellent work and is for me a honour to receive your recommendations. The photograph it isn´t my speciality and I´ll try to correct the colour of the fingernails with your advice.

Best regards,

Francisco
  8. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Well done Fransisco. You've captured the right colours for the uniform. Nice work on the figure and groundwork.
  9. Macca G A Fixture

Australia
    Great job Francisco! Like Mike I'm forever kicking myself I never got one of these kits when they were available.
  10. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Francisco ,

Nice job you have done on the painting what mixes did you use for the uniform colour ?

Thanks for sharing

Nap
  11. Fransab Active Member

Spain
    Hip Nap!

For the jacket, a little bit dark #101 Green Grey, and for the trousers #93 Brown Violet, both from Vallejo Acrylics. That are the base color. For the hat I use a little bit different colour than the trousers.

Thank you very much for your kind words.
    Best regards. Merry Xmas and Happy New Year

Francisco
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  12. PHIL WALDEN Member

Well done mate, this was my first commercial release,must be 20 years ago. never got to finish a paint job on him, l found a basic kit of him with a few up dates to him it would be fun to re release him, but mate it was a pleasure to still see him still going around keep the good work up...
    Macca G likes this.
  13. swralph A Fixture

Nicely painted.
    Ralph.
  14. Fransab Active Member

Spain
    Thank you very much for your kindly words, Phil, it's a honour for me. It was a pleasure to paint your excellent figure, I'd always in mind this beautiful piece, until I got one. I'm very happy that my work likes you. Also thank you very much, Ralph

Best regards, Merry Xmas and Happy New Year.

Francisco
  15. pgarri27 Well-Known Member

United-States
    Very nicely done.