1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

1/9 Douglas Bader in Cockpit

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Hugo Pereira, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Hugo Pereira A Fixture

Portugal
    Hello...

RPmodels have the pleasure to announce another new... We finish today, and we are so cruise with this, that we resolve to share with you... This is a Spitifire Cockpit, and you can see Douglas Bader inside. This is a 1/9 figure...

Once again, the figure and cockpit it will be a Limited Edition of 200 pieces... We will do all the effort to lauch him in Teldford in next month, have the time its very short, but we will do our best... The cockpit it will be a Limited Edition of 200 pieces too...

This figure have a very special mean to me... It was a challenge from a big friend and VOILÁ... Its done...

render-8.jpg

RENDER-2.jpg

render-1.jpg

render-3.jpg

render-9.jpg

render-4.jpg

render-5.jpg

render-6.jpg

render-7.jpg

Thank you for everthing... I hope you like and enjoy...

If you need something, you can send me a email to hpereira@rpmodels.pt

With best regards
    Hugo Pereira
    Range Rat, Jazz, OldTaff and 19 others like this.
  2. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Fantastic Hugo I am amazed.

Paul.
    stoffy01 likes this.
  3. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    This is superb. The man was a superb pilot and leader, extraordinarily stubborn and courageous and apparently a real pain in the ****!

Mike
  4. winfield Active Member

What a bold and original concept!
  5. Hugo Pereira A Fixture

Portugal
    Hello Paul...

How are you my friend? Everthing is alright?

My good friend thank you for your kind words... This was a big challenge... But know I can see teh result, and everthing bad that passed is forgotten... Im so excited with this... I told to my guys... we have to share this today... We have to shared... And now, there are another fight... I need time to print him, and do the first castings to Telford... Another fight... LOL... LOL... LOL...

Im very happy because you liked... very happy... This is a new concept, and we have affraid people wouldnt liked, but the answer is completely different... I have people dont see the figure finish and already reserved... I felt a big responsability in my shoulders, but I think people wouldnt have problems... LOL... LOL... So many emails and messages, asking to see teh figure... I was a bad person and dont allow no one see him... But is here... DOUGLAS BADER ARRIVE...

With best regards
    Hugo Pereira
  6. Hugo Pereira A Fixture

Portugal
    Hello Mr. Mike...

Thank youf or your kind words... This is very important to us...

This is a tribute to this great hero... But the history have many heroes... And I believe that we have to remember them... Its very important...

Thank you Sir.
    With best regards
    Hugo Pereira
  7. Hugo Pereira A Fixture

Portugal
    Hello Mr. Winfield

Thank you for your comment... You are very kind...

Its a different concept, but I believe we are happy with him... Many people give us inputs, ideas and tips... and of course, Ive a extra help from Kevin Peart and Javier Anca... Without them, this isnt possible...

Thank you so much Sir.
    With best regards
    Hugo Pereira
  8. Grod A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Amazing detail Hugo.
    Gordon
  9. Hugo Pereira A Fixture

Portugal
    Hello my good friend Gordon...

How are you my friend? everthing is alright?

Did you liked? I think is very good... Im very exceted... The concept is something new and different, but people LOVE IT... So Im very happy... Really happy...

Thank you my friend for your friendship...

Big ugg and take care...
    With best regards
    Hugo Pereira
    Grod likes this.
  10. Bootneck Well-Known Member

What an amazing piece Hugo. The team and yourself should be very proud. This will be a difficult piece to paint just on the dials in the cockpit alone. You should move into the decals market. Lol.
    Peter.
  11. Hugo Pereira A Fixture

Portugal
    Hello my good FRIEND Peter...

How are my friend? 5 minutes ago I receive a e-mail from a friend, invite me to develop the decals... Lol... And We will pay... Lol... Ive to thing on this... And see if is difficult to develop this and put in the model, for people can do the cockpit...

People dont like me... Lol... Lol... Always Maringá me more challenges... Lol... Lol... I will do what I can do... And if it possible, you can count with the decals in the model...

Thank you só much...
    Big ugg And take care.
    Hugo
    Bootneck likes this.
  12. Bootneck Well-Known Member

See you in Telford Hugo. With your big ugg. Lol.
    I think the decals would be a great idea as it will make the model even more amazing. I think most people would pay a bit more to get both accuracy & neatness correct.
    Peter.
  13. Filipe Well-Known Member

Brazil
    Hugo,

Any chance that you make it on a smaller scale? Like 1/16?

Congrats, great job, espetacular

Ps: It's funny to write in english to a portuguese, since I'm from Brazil, but it's better so everyone can understand :D
    Bootneck likes this.
  14. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Hugo,
    Stunning.
    Cheers
    John
  15. artur_koszewski Active Member

Poland
    Hugo,

I am trying put my jaw back to its place after it dropped wide open when I saw this kit.

Very innovative idea!
    Ok we have some tank commander busts placed in their tank cuppolas, but full figure pilot in the Spitfire cockpit in 1/9 scale is something that happened the first time. Just fabulous!

Will it be available for guys not attending Teldford show? Is it possible to preoder it or book it - just to not miss this limited edition?

Cheers,
    Artur
  16. clrsgt A Fixture

United-States
    Exceptional kit Hugo.
    Cheers,
    Mike
  17. MrBMB A Fixture

Looks great I sure it will sell well but decals would make it so much better
    Nice Job
    Bootneck likes this.
  18. Nap Moderator

England
    Hugo

I wonder what could possibly be next from RP ..an incredible amount of detail , looking forward to seeing this up case at Telford.

Possibly move the head a little

So much to paint for sure including those dials !

Thanks for sharing

Nap

Artur.......Limited edition as Hugo says so I assume that if someone can't make Telford they could contact Hugo direct to sort something out
    artur_koszewski and Bootneck like this.
  19. Bootneck Well-Known Member

Artur
    I'm sure there are other suppliers depending on where you are in the world but here in the U.K. I use Steve of SK miniatures. He ships worldwide.
    Peter.
    artur_koszewski likes this.
  20. artur_koszewski Active Member

Poland
    Nap, Peter,

I asked about possibility of preordering just in case that it may sold out completely at Telford :( . Hopefully not - in fact the limited run of 200 pieces is not so small.

I hope that Hugo will reply to my question here.
    bogusman53 likes this.