1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP 1/6 Bruce Willis - Die Hard

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by FigureLover, May 19, 2013.

1. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    B11.JPG B12.JPG B14.JPG

Well its been over a year since I touched this one, but recently I have had time to revisit it and post some pics.
    In these you can see I have used automotive spray putty to cover his clothing. This is to cover and blend any small imperfections that are there. I have also gone in and sanded back a few areas and used liquid putty to fill a few deeper holes that the spray putty wouldn't cover. Before this, I had used Aves to sculpt out his pack of ciggies in his front pocket, and his zippo in his back pocket. I have also engraved the seam lines in his singlet and trousers.
    His head was primed in Tamiya spray primer as this is finer than the spray putty.
    More updates soon
    Ben

Attached Files:

• B13.JPG
      B13.JPG
      File size:
      249.7 KB
      Views:
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    Ben ,

This is looking good my friend , really like the additional updates you have done , nice weapon ...for a kit that's this old it looks pretty good ..........

Now then let's talk legs .....cut them off and it's a great bust!!!...well I had to say it !

With the legs it will look as it should

Really looking forward to seeing more from you on this this particularly the face being done and the vest

What else have you lurking at the bottom of the GA then ?

Nap
  3. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Nap,
    Cheers mate. Yeah a bust would be cool, but after all the work getting them to this stage, I'm going to say NNNOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
    I will have more updates soon.
    As for the grey army, yep there's some oldies there, probably like all of us "die hards"
    Ben
  4. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Ben ,

And quite right to say NNNOOOOOOOO! as well ....

a lot of good working getting it to the high standard ready for painting

Looking forward to seeing more on this

Happy modelling

Nap
    FigureLover likes this.
  5. NickM Well-Known Member

Australia
    Glad to see you back on this one, mate - this figure is way too cool to sit unfinished in your cupboard ;)
    Great idea to put the ciggies and zippo in his pockets
    FigureLover likes this.
  6. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Cheers Nick,
    Have to agree with that!!!!
    Ben
  7. Steve Ski PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Must be winter time, the bunker is up and running! Looks good so far.

Cheers, Ski.
    FigureLover likes this.
  8. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Haha, hi Steve
    Nah it's coming to summer here down under, said to be around 34 Celsius later this week!!!!! Long hot summer I think.
    Thanks for looking though
    Ben
  9. Jamie Stokes Well-Known Member

Australia
    Looks good, tweaking and reworking the older casting!!

The changes are for the better, and are working, over all, IMO.

hopefully you can continue before the sweltering summer rolls in!!

Cheers

Jamie
    FigureLover likes this.
  10. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Really nice work Ben,i love the scratchbuilt weapon,looking forward to seeing him painted up mate (y)
    FigureLover likes this.
  11. Steve Ski PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Well, I certainly botched that comment, lol. At any rate, keep the bunker fired up, this is gonna be a doosy!

Cheer, Ski.

P.S. I'll send ya some snow mate, UPS, when it gets here, of course, lol.
    FigureLover likes this.
  12. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Cheers Jamie and Brian, will hope to put up new pics tomorrow night with some more progress. Thanks for looking

Steve, no worries mate, totally understandable, love to see some of that snow though, but I think it would have a snow balls chance of getting here!!!!!!!

Catch ya soon
    Ben
  13. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Great to catch up with you and Nick today Ben. I'm keen to see further progress on this figure. It's been on the workbench for quite a while now so it will be good to see it finished eventually.
    FigureLover likes this.
  14. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Cheers Tony,
    Yep it was good to catch up, will have to do it again soon.
    Anyway, heres some updated pics
    I have attached and blended the left arm, attached the right and started to blend and add the vein running down his bicep. The gun is finished except for the cocking bolt and magazine. I may add a sling as well, but will wait till I have painted most of it before deciding.
    You will have to ignore the funky bright pink primer, my local hobby shop didn't have my favourite Tamiya Grey, so I had to settle for this hot pink one. It hurts the eyes and I am sure Bruce wouldn't approve of the colour!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks for looking
    Ben B15.jpg B16.jpg B17.jpg B18.jpg B19.jpg
  15. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    B20.JPG B21.JPG After getting some of my favourite Tamiya Grey Primer and giving him a go over, I airbrushed some Jo Sonya Skin Tone base onto the flesh areas. I then mixed a little Burnt Sienna to it and shot this into the shadows. Although this doesn't show in the pics, it is subtle but its there. This is to be a base for the oils that will come next
    Ben
    NickM likes this.
  16. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    B22.JPG B23.JPG B24.JPG B25.JPG Here he is with the first round of oils. A mixture of Flesh tint and Burnt Sienna mainly, with a little touch of Burnt Umber in a few places. This was heavily painted onto all flesh areas, and then wiped off in varying degrees, leaving heavier colour in the deeper sections
    Ben
    Zastrow.cuirassier and NickM like this.
  17. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Good to see some colour go on him Ben. At this rate he might actually be finished in time for WASMEx 2015 ;)
    FigureLover likes this.
  18. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Hehe, if I target wasmex 2016, I might have a chance!!!!
    Ben
    tonydawe likes this.
  19. NickM Well-Known Member

Australia
    Hi Ben, I somehow missed your last posts! Bruce is coming along nicely mate. Love this figure, keep the updates coming!
    FigureLover likes this.
  20. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    B26.JPG B27.JPG B28.JPG OK, more progress on old Brucie here. I have done a second round of oils by adding a slight bit of red to my flesh tones and using this a "sludge" wash, and feathering this in to hide any hard edges, this deepens the shadow areas and gives it a bit more life. You can really see this in his ears and in the wrinkles in his brow. I have also done this under his eyes but added a very small amount of Paynes grey to give him a tired look. His eyes, lips and a very light beard growth have also been added. The beard needs a bit more depth yet.
    I now need to base his hair in so I can see where he is at before going in and doing anymore to the flesh tones.
    Ben