1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

1/48 Replacement Heads

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by kidsbday7, Apr 24, 2015.

1. kidsbday7 Active Member

United-States
    Hi all - I have been and will continue to get items I want made in 1/48 scale, and will make limited number of items available to others as there has been strong interest in the past. May not be everyone's cup of tea here, but am posting anyway.

-First up is a set of 13 replacement 1/48 scale heads. These heads are shown in the pictures below including the actual dimensions of a typical head. I am asking $20 a set. The head sizes are almost exactly the same size as the Alpine 1/48 set and will work with Dartmoor, TWM, ICM, Parabellum, etc. I think these are too large to be used on Tamiya 1/48 figures. There are about 80 sets left.

FWA_1-48_Head_Set_2_Masters.jpg
    heads2rev.jpg

heads1rev.jpg

Head 7 1-48 (16).jpg Head 7 1-48 (15).jpg

Sculptor is the amazing Boris Knokhov.

If you are interested you can PM me here or write me an e-mail at pjyoung2@comcast.net. I accept Paypal.

I can also post size comparisons of different brands, or heads on different manufacturers if you need.

Let me know if you have any questions.
    Phil
    Nap, Manfred, elanlane13 and 5 others like this.
  2. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Very well done. May have to get a set. A 1/32 set would be great as well.
    pgarri27 and kidsbday7 like this.
  3. pgarri27 Well-Known Member

United-States
    Agreed. Would love to get a set of these compatible with Historex. 1/32 or 1/30.
    Great sculpts.
    kidsbday7 likes this.
  4. kidsbday7 Active Member

United-States
    Gary and Pete - thank you for your comments. Are there not other head sets available in 1/32, 1/30? I thought just about everything possible has been done in other scales. I will probably stick to 1/48 for now. Getting head sizes right and with the variety of different manufactures is tough. I decided to get what I would like and make available to other if interested. So far pretty good response, even though not from this forum so much which I understand. These sculpts are quite amazing and really bring out character in a small scale. Here are some wips on some items in 1/48 scale.

11102870_10203947080978379_5140006796877039398_n.jpg
    Manfred and tomifune like this.
  5. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hornet does make a few sets of 1/32 scale heads. Unfortunately there are only a few sets compared to their 1/35 head sets.
    kidsbday7 and pgarri27 like this.
  6. pgarri27 Well-Known Member

United-States
    Yes, great heads. Heads make the figure. Yes there are lots of 1/35, fewer 1/32, and I don't know of any 1/30. I'll look for the hornet 1/32 and give them a try. If I was doing 1/48 scale figures, I would buy lots of these because they are really good sculpts.
    kidsbday7 likes this.
  7. kidsbday7 Active Member

United-States
    Ah....I understand. Thanks guys. I am mainly getting these for my own sculpting projects and kind of new at the whole manufacturing thing, but I will be using these heads for the next 20 years for my own purposes. Thank you again for the dialogue.
    Nap likes this.
  8. ivopreda A Fixture

Italy

I bought the Hornet heads in 1/32... they are too small to be used for Historex or Metal Modeles figures.. unfortunately

and also unfortunately the 1/48 aren't for my use... I'm really searching heads that fit on 1/30 figures
  9. kidsbday7 Active Member

United-States
    Thanks for the support. 20 sets left.

Phil
  10. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Mussini used to have replacement heads in 1/30, but they went out of business :-(
    I have used a lot of JMD heads, the are 65mm, the figures i've use them were in theory 54mm but more like 60mm (modeles et allures from.France) and just takes some minor sanding and they fit ok on a 60mm figure.
    They will look funny and odd on any true 54mm.
  11. Throwntrack New Member

Phil, I’m a bit late to the game, but do you have any of these head sets left? Jamie
    kidsbday7 likes this.
  12. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    Very late. This thread is 5 years old. I checked Phil's profile just now, and his last activity was last October, 2019. So I don't know how soon you might get a reply from him.
    Nap and kidsbday7 like this.
  13. kidsbday7 Active Member

United-States
    Hi J. R., I am on the 4th run of these head sets. They were sent out for another casting prior to the pandemic so delayed. However, I do have some sets in hand that have a little flashing. Send me a note at pjyoung2@comcast.net and I will shoot you a picture to see if you want a set (at a discount of course).

While not here a lot - Planetfigure notifies you when someone adds to a thread.

You can also go to my FWA Facebook page. Activity has been low due to work though.

Phil
    theBaron and Nap like this.
  14. ivopreda A Fixture

Italy

I had the problem for the 54 /60 mm... how I solved it? I produced my own series of heads and hands in that scale ...

Figurinitaly brand have them in catalogue, some of them are visible in my latest scratch figures
    heads set  (1).jpg heads set  (2).jpg heads set  (3).jpg heads set  (4).jpg heads set  (5).jpg heads set  (6).jpg

also hands are useful in 1/30 scale

30 hands  (1).jpg 30 hands  (2).jpg 30 hands  (3).jpg 30 hands  (4).jpg 30 hands  (5).jpg 30 hands  (6).jpg 30 hands  (7).jpg 30 hands  (8).jpg 30 hands  (9).jpg

available at figurinitaly@gmail.com
    Mike - The Kiwi likes this.
  15. Nap Moderator

England
    Phil

Always good to see options that are available and in the smaller scale

Details look really good

Your very welcome to share whatever here on PF

Nap
    kidsbday7 likes this.
  16. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    Hey! Phil's back! :D
    Yeah, I.......figured, you'd get a ping for this thread! (pun intended).

Prost!
    Brad
  17. kidsbday7 Active Member

United-States

Hi Brad - thank you so much. I love this place. Its the best.

Thank you Nap - this is the best place for figures. BTW - I am trying to learn to sculpt myself and I will post my meager LRDG attempts some day in the appropriate forum. But those forums are crazy loaded with talent. But have to start somewhere.

Phil
  18. Dolf Well-Known Member

Portugal
    "also hands are useful in 1/30 scale"

But still nothing on 1/16 scale?... :(

Does any manufacturer produces hands in 1/16 scale?

Cheers!