1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

1:16 Tank Rider MG42 Gunner licmas-tank

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by licmas-tank, Oct 19, 2017.

1. licmas-tank Member

Germany
    hello,

i want share with you our new figure, came out this summer 2017.

[IMG]

[IMG]

the mg42 can be changed in stg 44 too........

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

the soldier will be delivered in an nice color box with window.

this is one of our first figures, we tryed to make higher quality figures then before...

i am open for all feedback about quality, painting and things which could be better for future...

greetings,

matthias
    Reptor and Eugen Blank like this.
  2. Eugen Blank Member

Germany
    Hallo Matthias,
    not bad, but in my opinion, for 1/16 hands are rude, and painting could be a little more accurate.
    Grüss aus Norden
    Eugen
  3. licmas-tank Member

Germany
    hello eugen,

thank you for your feedback.

you are right, we will try to make hand details next time better.

we have only problem, this is the price. we dont want to raise up the price to much from mainly costumer base.

we dont want get higher then the actual price of 36,95 euro for full handpainted and assambled figure.

i hope we can do better details and painting in this price range.

greetings,

matthias
  4. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I may be wrong, but I think the vast majority on here would prefer to paint their own version - why not offer it as a kit, unpainted, then it will keep the costs down..?(y)
    chailey and Martin64 like this.
  5. licmas-tank Member

Germany
    @valiant

thank you for your comment. our main costumer are costumer which can not make a painting.
    this is the reason why we make now figures with painting.
    we have an shop for 1:16 rc tanks too, there are our main costumers.
    but we have heard that too in past, this is the reason why we make now some kits too for testing.

greetings,

matthias
    valiant likes this.
  6. Martin64 A Fixture

Germany
    Hi Matthias,
    you asked for honest feedback:
    IMHO all details on this figure and the equipment are very rough and off scale (as an example take a look at the buckles of the Zeltbahn...and the thick straps of the Gasmaskenbüchse - the boots are too tight around the ankles and have that parade ground finish, shape of the helmet that seems to be a one piece cast with the head inside looks off, wrong shape of the collar and rude detail on the Litzen, etc.)
    The general stance of the figure looks strange - nobody would sit like this carrying a MG 42 still on his shoulder - it is not that lightweight (I had to handle a MG with the paras in 1983 and therefore know that for sure:)) .
    All in all painting and figure look to be made in a toy soldier style and remind me of Tamiya products of 1970.
    If I would be looking for a figure representing a life-like sculpt of a historical miniature in this scale I would not go for it at that price - painted or unpainted as it requires too much work to correct and refine the points mentioned previously.

I hope that you are not offended by my post - the people that enjoy driving a remote controlled tank surely will be happy with a sturdy toy soldier they can put on top of their vehicles and if they are your targeted customers the figure is nice -
    I just think that if your intention is to raise interest in your products on this forum the majority of members here are looking for historical miniatures that meet the standard I described above. - If you are out for raising the quality of your sculpts, take a look at the lines of Jeff Shiu Miniatures, Alpine Miniatures, Andrea Miniatures, CGS Miniatures etc. that produce WWII -figures in that scale and get closer to the standard they offer.
    As an example:
    Jeff Shiu Tank riders.jpg Alpine 16028.jpg
    Cheers and good luck with your venture, Martin
    Huw63 and valiant like this.
  7. Huw63 likes this.
  8. licmas-tank Member

Germany
    @martin64
    thank you for your detailed report, you are 100 percent right and we will try to make it better for next figures. this is the reason why i am in this forum - i want learn more about figures...
    i want show our next project after this mg42 gunner, i think we made some things better....

@CGS military figures
    thank you for the link and thank you for the wishes.

greetings,

matthias
    Huw63 and Martin64 like this.