1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

1:16 Panzer Oberleutnant

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Ferris, Mar 4, 2010.

1. Ferris A Fixture

Hi All,

Here is my Tamiya 1:16 panzer oberleutnant I just finished. The basically sound plastic figure was upgraded with ABER photo-echted details (shoulder boards, insignia), copper wire ('tresse' around the cap) and photo paper (end of the belt). Most important: I replaced the Tamiya head (which looks really bad) with a Dragon one (but forgot which one).

Face was done with oils, rest with acrylics (using Andrea's black paint set). Actually, this is the first figure where I painted larger parts with acrylics, and I must say I am pretty proud of the result. I think I am starting to 'understand' acrylics. What I am less happy with is the overall tone of the colour, which is too grey in my opinion and doesn't look black enough. Next time I'll try another mix, and refrain from too much highlighting.

Anyway, I am quite satisfied the way he turned out and am happy to share it with you. Any comments or tips are much appreciated!

Cheers,
    Adrian

Attached Files:

TBS, geralds and gothicgeek like this.
  2. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Very well done, black as a fabric if very prone to fading. That's the excuse I'd use anyway, simple and effective groundwork.
    Carl.
  3. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Hi Adrien,

you made a fantastic job on this cheap Tamiya figure.
    With the changes that you have made this guy earned style:)(y)
    Nicely done.(y):)

P.S - I downloaded of your pictures for future reference:)
  4. kansas kid Well-Known Member

United-States
    Well, finally a figure on PF that I do indeed recall.

Wow, Ferris, you've wheeled right into the lime light with this beauty. I
    am very impressed with your painting, the attention to detail, i.e. the worn
    areas on his belt. Some very nice touches. And the face tones are very well
    done. Eager to see more of your work.

Oh, almost forgot. . . the photographs are very nice as well. Just the right
    shade of blue for the soldier's uniform, IMHO.

Jayhawker
  5. Ferris A Fixture

Carl,

Good one about the fading. That Russian summer sun was something, bleaching all those Germans....

Pedro,

Thanks! I am glad you could use the pictures for future reference.

Jayhawk,

I am glad you like it! As you can see, the eyes are not as good as the ones on your 6th army guy; I had some tough times with them and after doing them maybe four times I had had it and stuck to what you can see on the pictures... Always something to improve!

Thanks guys!

Adrian