1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP 1/10 Young Conversion to SA Sturmmann

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Pops, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Pops Active Member

United-Kingdom
    A quick update:

Chin strap completed as per advice kindly offered on this veritable forum (thank you, gents!) The eagle is shaped plasticard. I've airbrushed some basic colours in to see how it all tones up....Still a ways to go.

Attached Files:

2. osceola Active Member

Italy
    Very beautiful face ... good job
  3. Pops Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Thank you, but the sculpting is all Mr Young's work. All I have done is take the top off the head and worked on adding the SA Kepi. (y)
  4. Pops Active Member

United-Kingdom
    This sculpting lark isn't as easy as you lot make it look! Progress is slow......o_O
    IMG_5484.jpg IMG_5486.jpg
  5. Pops Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Started again with the torso...
    I'm trying a 'new' (to me anyway) product from japan called Artista Soft air drying modelling paste. Extra fine texture and extremely light weight. Can be coloured with most pigments/paints before moulding or manipulating. It doesn't stick to your skin either and can be rolled out almost card-thin.

http://www.artistasoft.co.uk/pigments.html

Attached Files:

6. Pops Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Worked on converting the left hand and producing the charity collection tin (example from the IWM archive) and extending the torso a wee bit...
    large.jpg

Attached Files: